Cutie Pie yarn and baby booties are the epitome of potato chip knitting. They’re quick, small, useful and you always feel like you could just do one more. The yarn makes it an indulgence for your hands as well as a treat for a baby. Hence, supremely soft knitted baby booties!
1 ball Cutie Pie yarn in color Indigo (or Tulip)
1 set double pointed needles 3mm (US 2)
1 tapestry needle.
This pattern comes in three sizes small (medium) [large]. The small is 0-3 months, medium is 3-6 and large is 6-9 months, approximately.
Cast on 20 (24)  stitches on double pointed needles.
On needle one you should have 5 (6) , on needle two 10 (12)  and on needle three 5 (6) . Join into the round and knit a knit 1 purl 1 rib.
Continue in this pattern until the cuff reaches 2″ (2.5″) [3″]. Stop just before needle two, the needle with the most stitches on it. Knit in plain stockinette across this needle, turn work and purl back.
Continue working the stitches along this one needle in this pattern until the top reaches 1.5″ (2″) [2.5″] ending on a knit row.
Pick up stitches along the side of the flap you just knit with a new needle. When you get to the rest of the cuff stitches that were being held, knit them onto the needle you’re using to pick up the side stitches.
On the last needle will be the other half of the cuff stitches, knit those and pick up stitches along the last edge of the flap. When you knit across the toe stitches, place a marker in the middle.
Knit three rounds plain for all sizes.
Begin the decrease rounds as follows:
Row 1: Knit 1, knit 2 together, knit till two before toe marker, knit 2 together, slip marker, knit 2 together, knit till two before end of round and knit those two together.
Row 2: Knit all.
Repeat these two rows until you have 20 (24)  stitches left across all needles. Divide these stitches evenly between two needles and kitchener stitch the bottom of the bootie closed.
Weave in all your ends.
With the colors Cutie Pie comes in, all the babies in your life will be well stocked in booties before you know it. The velvety softness of these cute accessories might make you slightly jealous for all their cozy snugness. Never worry, you can always make a pair for yourself from a slipper pattern.
Cutie Pie yarn makes supremely soft baby booties!
- Effortless Fern Grotto lace swatch knitted in Bamboo Pop - December 14, 2018
- Knitting with Bamboo Pop yarn for a friend - December 13, 2018
- Bamboo Pop is like finding the perfect frame for a piece of knitted art - December 12, 2018
- The Waffle Stitch using Bamboo Pop yarn - December 11, 2018
- Bamboo Pop makes twisting eyelets lace pattern shine - December 10, 2018
- Knitting on the edge, the lace edge - November 2, 2018
- A soothing yarn makes a soothing shawl - November 1, 2018
- New! Uptown Worsted Tapestry: plush and no pilling - October 31, 2018
- Knitting a hat with cables without crossing cables, what? - October 30, 2018
- Uptown Worsted Mist, an anti-pilling acrylic yarn - October 29, 2018