Cutie Pie yarn and baby booties are the epitome of potato chip knitting. They’re quick, small, useful and you always feel like you could just do one more. The yarn makes it an indulgence for your hands as well as a treat for a baby. Hence, supremely soft knitted baby booties!
1 ball Cutie Pie yarn in color Indigo (or Tulip)
1 set double pointed needles 3mm (US 2)
1 tapestry needle.
This pattern comes in three sizes small (medium) [large]. The small is 0-3 months, medium is 3-6 and large is 6-9 months, approximately.
Cast on 20 (24)  stitches on double pointed needles.
On needle one you should have 5 (6) , on needle two 10 (12)  and on needle three 5 (6) . Join into the round and knit a knit 1 purl 1 rib.
Continue in this pattern until the cuff reaches 2″ (2.5″) [3″]. Stop just before needle two, the needle with the most stitches on it. Knit in plain stockinette across this needle, turn work and purl back.
Continue working the stitches along this one needle in this pattern until the top reaches 1.5″ (2″) [2.5″] ending on a knit row.
Pick up stitches along the side of the flap you just knit with a new needle. When you get to the rest of the cuff stitches that were being held, knit them onto the needle you’re using to pick up the side stitches.
On the last needle will be the other half of the cuff stitches, knit those and pick up stitches along the last edge of the flap. When you knit across the toe stitches, place a marker in the middle.
Knit three rounds plain for all sizes.
Begin the decrease rounds as follows:
Row 1: Knit 1, knit 2 together, knit till two before toe marker, knit 2 together, slip marker, knit 2 together, knit till two before end of round and knit those two together.
Row 2: Knit all.
Repeat these two rows until you have 20 (24)  stitches left across all needles. Divide these stitches evenly between two needles and kitchener stitch the bottom of the bootie closed.
Weave in all your ends.
With the colors Cutie Pie comes in, all the babies in your life will be well stocked in booties before you know it. The velvety softness of these cute accessories might make you slightly jealous for all their cozy snugness. Never worry, you can always make a pair for yourself from a slipper pattern.
Cutie Pie yarn makes supremely soft baby booties!
- It’s not a wrap until it’s been blocked - August 24, 2018
- It’s a Wrap yarn enhances simple knit and purl stitches pattern - August 23, 2018
- Knitting with lace, the easy way - August 22, 2018
- Why you should knit with lace weight yarn - August 21, 2018
- Yarn Review: It’s a Wrap by Red Heart - August 20, 2018
- Knitting with Magic Loop - July 20, 2018
- Knitting snowflakes into a hat - July 19, 2018
- The definition of using stitch definition when knitting - July 18, 2018
- Center double decrease makes a good knitting mantra for Soft blanket - July 17, 2018
- The essential yarn for knitting soft garments - July 16, 2018