Red Heart Dreamy yarn truly lives up to its name with the soft brushed texture and miles of yardage. Whether you’re talking about the price point or the yarn itself everything about Dreamy is complete nirvana. From the minute you first touch it, you’ll be pinching yourself.
The fiber content is 100% acrylic, but it’s not normal acrylic. The fiber has a brushed texture rather than a sleek smooth texture. This makes it seem like natural wool. If you have someone in your life who is knit-worthy but is allergic to wool Dreamy is the perfect option for you. There are a lot of synthetic fibers out there but not too many that feel like wool.
Dreamy’s yardage (I mentioned earlier) is nothing to sneeze at either. A whole 466 yds is a lot of yarn to work with, especially in a bulky weight. Red Heart recently made a blog post about 5 Fav Blankets, two of them are crochet, but the other three are knit, and one is even knit in Dreamy yarn. The Calming Colors Chevron Throw measures 45” x 55” when complete and calls for 5 balls of Dreamy. At $7.99 per ball, that is a steal. Normally the bigger the yarn, the shorter the yardage, but Dreamy blows that wives’ tale right out of the water.
I also wanted to mention the Gorgeous Knit Throws post on the Red Heart Blog. There are an additional 15 knitted throw patterns there. Several of the blankets are for really large yarn, but there are many that can be adapted to work with Dreamy yarn, and since it’s a blanket, your gauge won’t have to be as important a factor as with fitted garments.
If you’re not keen on blanket knitting because you don’t want to wrangle that many balls of yarn or you don’t want to be knitting it forever, Dreamy is the yarn for you. The bulky yarn makes for quick project work and the yardage means you don’t have to source 87 individual balls of yarn. If you’ve been looking for the perfect yarn for cozy throws and blankets, look no further. Dreamy is an amazing yarn with an incredibly luxurious feel and a price tag that won’t break the bank.
This is part 1 of 5 in this series.
Go to part 2: Dreamy Relaxation Socks
- Upgrade your seaming with Kitchener stitch - October 12, 2018
- Fair Isle, Flecks and Stripes yarns make the gift making season easy! - October 11, 2018
- How to do effortless Fair Isle knitting - October 10, 2018
- The one mitten pattern you’ll ever need - October 9, 2018
- Super Saver Chunky and Flecks! - October 8, 2018
- It’s not a wrap until it’s been blocked - August 24, 2018
- It’s a Wrap yarn enhances simple knit and purl stitches pattern - August 23, 2018
- Knitting with lace, the easy way - August 22, 2018
- Why you should knit with lace weight yarn - August 21, 2018
- Yarn Review: It’s a Wrap by Red Heart - August 20, 2018