Speckled or splattered yarns give a lot of character and depth to knits in much the same way tweeds and marled yarns do, but with less intensity. Yesterday we looked at the drape of Bamboo Pop yarn in the context of a collection of patterns. Today we’ll look at using the Dots version of this yarn both as accents and as the main colorway of a knit.
We’ll explore the baby blanket in the photograph above more tomorrow, but I just wanted to show how the dots add interest to the textured stitches without detracting from the pattern. This is a gateway yarn to introducing colors to one’s fabric without the effort of knitting colorwork.
This cute little tee-shirt is great for the younger crowd and features the same Watermelon colorway. The pattern is available as a PDF download.
As in the pattern above, the next top features Bamboo Pop Dots as the main colorway, but in adult sizes. The Ocean colorway is white with dots of black, and 2 marine blues. This sway jacket pattern is available in 7 sizes, from XS to 3X.
This striped and lace-paneled shawl is knit with a multicolor Bamboo Pop and solids, but would look equally as elegant, if not moreso, if some the stripes were knit with the Stormy colorway of the Dots version, and the other two colors were Rose and Midnight Blue to correspond to the speckles.
Tomorrow, we’ll look at the different stitches that make up the baby blanket shown at the top of the post, and see how to make some textured stitches that pop!
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: Sleuthing for knitting patterns you can make with Bamboo Pop Dots
- Knitting a modern baby blanket with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 28, 2018
- Using speckled yarn for accents and for larger knits - June 27, 2018
- Sleuthing for knitting patterns you can make with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 26, 2018
- Bamboo Pop Dots, the benefits of rayon in summer yarns - June 25, 2018
- Bunny Ear decreases make this stitch pattern best for knitted baby blankie - April 27, 2018
- The anatomy of a knitted beret for baby - April 26, 2018
- Easy patterns to knit with Uptown DK Magix - April 25, 2018
- This antipilling acrylic yarn gets an ‘A’ - April 24, 2018
- Knitting with Uptown DK Magix yarn - April 23, 2018
- Bobbles on the yoke: knitting a child’s top-down sweater using Toy Box - March 2, 2018