Speckled or splattered yarns give a lot of character and depth to knits in much the same way tweeds and marled yarns do, but with less intensity. Yesterday we looked at the drape of Bamboo Pop yarn in the context of a collection of patterns. Today we’ll look at using the Dots version of this yarn both as accents and as the main colorway of a knit.
We’ll explore the baby blanket in the photograph above more tomorrow, but I just wanted to show how the dots add interest to the textured stitches without detracting from the pattern. This is a gateway yarn to introducing colors to one’s fabric without the effort of knitting colorwork.
This cute little tee-shirt is great for the younger crowd and features the same Watermelon colorway. The pattern is available as a PDF download.
As in the pattern above, the next top features Bamboo Pop Dots as the main colorway, but in adult sizes. The Ocean colorway is white with dots of black, and 2 marine blues. This sway jacket pattern is available in 7 sizes, from XS to 3X.
This striped and lace-paneled shawl is knit with a multicolor Bamboo Pop and solids, but would look equally as elegant, if not moreso, if some the stripes were knit with the Stormy colorway of the Dots version, and the other two colors were Rose and Midnight Blue to correspond to the speckles.
Tomorrow, we’ll look at the different stitches that make up the baby blanket shown at the top of the post, and see how to make some textured stitches that pop!
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: Sleuthing for knitting patterns you can make with Bamboo Pop Dots
Go to part 4: Knitting a modern baby blanket with Bamboo Pop Dots
- Knitting a shrug-yoke top-down seamless tee shirt – part 2 - August 31, 2018
- Knitting a shrug-yoke top-down seamless tee shirt – part 1 - August 30, 2018
- Unimaginable drape and comfort in knit designs made with Unity yarn - August 29, 2018
- 36% wool, 28% cotton, 18% linen and 18% bamboo, what yarn is this? - August 28, 2018
- Unraveling Unity and Unity Beyond: what makes this yarn unique? - August 27, 2018
- Top-down baby sweater in Bella Chenille Multi and Solids - August 3, 2018
- Backwards purling to knit bobbles without all the bother - August 2, 2018
- 5 baby gifts to knit up in a few days with chunky Bella Chenille yarn - August 1, 2018
- How Bella Chenille enhances basic knit stitches differently than most yarns - July 31, 2018
- Bella Chenille, a soft and versatile polyester yarn - July 30, 2018