What could be more fun to knit with some great cotton yarn that’s been glitzed up? I thought a phone cozy would be a simple project and with one skein, you could make matching cozies for tablets, ebook readers, laptops, etc. Universal Yarn thought of it all when it added sequins and shaped sequins to its Cotton Supreme line, which comes in 8 charming colors.
The sequins are spaced a variety of distances apart, mostly between 7 and 12 cm gaps. For this Sweetie color, there are 10 different colors of sequins, and the same is true for 3 other colors. Then there are a linen and oatmeal colors and they both have gold only sequin shapes. Finally there’s a pink with fuschia sequins and a green with green sequins. The sequins are threaded on an extremely thin thread that is plied together with the other standard 4 plies of Cotton Supreme yarn and are all shaped like little flowers.
To knit this cozy, I used 3.25mm needles…really small so that the resulting fabric would be tight and protective. I used Judy’s magic cast on to work in the round with the magic loop method of circular knitting and then without any shaping, I just knit a little tube. At the end I used half the stitches and some decreases to fashion a little button flap. I still haven’t found just the right glitzy button to hold it closed.
I hope this gives you an idea of an easy fun project to knit with Universal Yarn’s Cotton Supreme in the Shaped Sequins variety.
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Knitting with space-dyed yarns
- A knitted beanie is enhanced by twisting stitches in the ribbing - September 29, 2017
- Knitting a beanie using marled yarn and THIS spiral textured shaping - September 28, 2017
- 4 free patterns to knit with Major yarn - September 27, 2017
- Should you hand-wash acrylic knits? - September 26, 2017
- Knitting with Major by Universal Yarn - September 25, 2017
- This portable knitting project starts with a square, ends with a blanket - July 28, 2017
- Eyes will turn to gaze at your chevron knits with this stitch pattern - July 27, 2017
- Free pattern roundup for Classic Shades Frenzy yarn - July 26, 2017
- Don’t get unspun by single-ply yarns! - July 25, 2017
- Revive your knitting with marled gradient yarns! - July 24, 2017