What could be more fun to knit with some great cotton yarn that’s been glitzed up? I thought a phone cozy would be a simple project and with one skein, you could make matching cozies for tablets, ebook readers, laptops, etc. Universal Yarn thought of it all when it added sequins and shaped sequins to its Cotton Supreme line, which comes in 8 charming colors.
The sequins are spaced a variety of distances apart, mostly between 7 and 12 cm gaps. For this Sweetie color, there are 10 different colors of sequins, and the same is true for 3 other colors. Then there are a linen and oatmeal colors and they both have gold only sequin shapes. Finally there’s a pink with fuschia sequins and a green with green sequins. The sequins are threaded on an extremely thin thread that is plied together with the other standard 4 plies of Cotton Supreme yarn and are all shaped like little flowers.
To knit this cozy, I used 3.25mm needles…really small so that the resulting fabric would be tight and protective. I used Judy’s magic cast on to work in the round with the magic loop method of circular knitting and then without any shaping, I just knit a little tube. At the end I used half the stitches and some decreases to fashion a little button flap. I still haven’t found just the right glitzy button to hold it closed.
I hope this gives you an idea of an easy fun project to knit with Universal Yarn’s Cotton Supreme in the Shaped Sequins variety.
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Knitting with space-dyed yarns
- Bobbles on the yoke: knitting a child’s top-down sweater using Toy Box - March 2, 2018
- Knit easy child slippers with Toy Box colors - March 1, 2018
- 6 patterns are very soft knit up in Toy Box yarn - February 28, 2018
- Using a swatch to practice weaving in ends with a crochet hook - February 27, 2018
- Out of the Toy Box! Knitting with marled, self-striping chunky yarn - February 26, 2018
- Knitting a versatile gift bag using leftover yarn - February 2, 2018
- Using hyperbolic theory to knit a holiday ornament - February 1, 2018
- How to knit and finish sturdy gift boxes - January 31, 2018
- Knitting a flat circle in the round becomes a crumb catcher - January 30, 2018
- Coasting right into double knitting - January 29, 2018