This week I’m enjoying the task of reviewing Revolutions by Universal Yarn. In the last couple of posts, I took you through a tour of each colorway and I recommended 4 tips for knitting fuzzy yarn. Are you starting to love fuzzy and cozy yarn?
It’s a good time to look at some free patterns that highlight the beauty and trendiness of this yarn. Here goes…
The Warmth Stole is shown here knit in the Port colorway. This lacy pattern is easy to knit and uses onewheel of Revolutions. You can wear it as a scarf or with a shawl pin. It makes an elegant looking, classic wrap.
Another cozy pattern knitted in Port colorway is Banked Coals. It looks so easy to wear with added warmth to most fall and winter wardrobes. This one requires 2 skeins.
The Harmony colorway is combined with a straightforward knit-purl textured stitch in the Mother-of-Pearl cowl.
The Universal Yarn design team had a brilliant idea for the Skewed Shawl – They faded the colorway in both directions! To create the contrasting stripes you don’t need to cut your yarn. Simply work from both ends of the cake and you’ll get these cool stripes in this avant-garde shape.
Choose your pattern then choose your colorway! You’re almost ready to start. Tomorrow, I’ll show you how a little math puzzle I posed led to a lovely gradient shawl.
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Simple arithmetic makes an adventure out of an Asymmetrical Shawl
- Butterfly Baby Blanket knit in Super Saver Ombre - March 1, 2019
- Twisted stitches and lace knit in Super Saver Chunky - February 28, 2019
- Flared Diamonds knit in Super Saver Fair Isle - February 27, 2019
- Fleck stitch knitted in Super Saver Pooling - February 26, 2019
- Bi-directional herringbone stitch knitted in Dreamy Stripes - February 25, 2019
- Knitting a shrug-yoke top-down seamless tee shirt – part 2 - August 31, 2018
- Knitting a shrug-yoke top-down seamless tee shirt – part 1 - August 30, 2018
- Unimaginable drape and comfort in knit designs made with Unity yarn - August 29, 2018
- 36% wool, 28% cotton, 18% linen and 18% bamboo, what yarn is this? - August 28, 2018
- Unraveling Unity and Unity Beyond: what makes this yarn unique? - August 27, 2018