This week I’m enjoying the task of reviewing Revolutions by Universal Yarn. In the last couple of posts, I took you through a tour of each colorway and I recommended 4 tips for knitting fuzzy yarn. Are you starting to love fuzzy and cozy yarn?
It’s a good time to look at some free patterns that highlight the beauty and trendiness of this yarn. Here goes…
The Warmth Stole is shown here knit in the Port colorway. This lacy pattern is easy to knit and uses onewheel of Revolutions. You can wear it as a scarf or with a shawl pin. It makes an elegant looking, classic wrap.
Another cozy pattern knitted in Port colorway is Banked Coals. It looks so easy to wear with added warmth to most fall and winter wardrobes. This one requires 2 skeins.
The Harmony colorway is combined with a straightforward knit-purl textured stitch in the Mother-of-Pearl cowl.
The Universal Yarn design team had a brilliant idea for the Skewed Shawl – They faded the colorway in both directions! To create the contrasting stripes you don’t need to cut your yarn. Simply work from both ends of the cake and you’ll get these cool stripes in this avant-garde shape.
Choose your pattern then choose your colorway! You’re almost ready to start. Tomorrow, I’ll show you how a little math puzzle I posed led to a lovely gradient shawl.
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Simple arithmetic makes an adventure out of an Asymmetrical Shawl
- Bunny Ear decreases make this stitch pattern best for knitted baby blankie - April 27, 2018
- The anatomy of a knitted beret for baby - April 26, 2018
- Easy patterns to knit with Uptown DK Magix - April 25, 2018
- This antipilling acrylic yarn gets an ‘A’ - April 24, 2018
- Knitting with Uptown DK Magix yarn - April 23, 2018
- Bobbles on the yoke: knitting a child’s top-down sweater using Toy Box - March 2, 2018
- Knit easy child slippers with Toy Box colors - March 1, 2018
- 6 patterns are very soft knit up in Toy Box yarn - February 28, 2018
- Using a swatch to practice weaving in ends with a crochet hook - February 27, 2018
- Out of the Toy Box! Knitting with marled, self-striping chunky yarn - February 26, 2018