This week I’m enjoying the task of reviewing Revolutions by Universal Yarn. In the last couple of posts, I took you through a tour of each colorway and I recommended 4 tips for knitting fuzzy yarn. Are you starting to love fuzzy and cozy yarn?
It’s a good time to look at some free patterns that highlight the beauty and trendiness of this yarn. Here goes…
The Warmth Stole is shown here knit in the Port colorway. This lacy pattern is easy to knit and uses onewheel of Revolutions. You can wear it as a scarf or with a shawl pin. It makes an elegant looking, classic wrap.
Another cozy pattern knitted in Port colorway is Banked Coals. It looks so easy to wear with added warmth to most fall and winter wardrobes. This one requires 2 skeins.
The Harmony colorway is combined with a straightforward knit-purl textured stitch in the Mother-of-Pearl cowl.
The Universal Yarn design team had a brilliant idea for the Skewed Shawl – They faded the colorway in both directions! To create the contrasting stripes you don’t need to cut your yarn. Simply work from both ends of the cake and you’ll get these cool stripes in this avant-garde shape.
Choose your pattern then choose your colorway! You’re almost ready to start. Tomorrow, I’ll show you how a little math puzzle I posed led to a lovely gradient shawl.
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Simple arithmetic makes an adventure out of an Asymmetrical Shawl
- Top-down baby sweater in Bella Chenille Multi and Solids - August 3, 2018
- Backwards purling to knit bobbles without all the bother - August 2, 2018
- 5 baby gifts to knit up in a few days with chunky Bella Chenille yarn - August 1, 2018
- How Bella Chenille enhances basic knit stitches differently than most yarns - July 31, 2018
- Bella Chenille, a soft and versatile polyester yarn - July 30, 2018
- Brioche stitches and bamboo yarn, a mutually beneficial blend! - June 29, 2018
- Knitting a modern baby blanket with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 28, 2018
- Using speckled yarn for accents and for larger knits - June 27, 2018
- Sleuthing for knitting patterns you can make with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 26, 2018
- Bamboo Pop Dots, the benefits of rayon in summer yarns - June 25, 2018