One of my favorite Classic Shades yarns, Frenzy, has new colorways, check out Monday’s post for the details. The sturdy construction of this single ply/ singles yarn was discussed yesterday. The design team at Universal Yarn appears to be just as inspired by this yarn as I am, because, since my original post about Frenzy, they’ve designed many more free patterns.
With 3 to 5 balls of Frenzy, you can knit this beautiful “Sprite” vest, a perfect pattern for layering over jeans and a short or long sleeved t-shirt. The pattern comes in 4 sizes up to a 2X. The open peplum has a lovely lace border on it.
This roana wrap-vest called the Special Twist vest will be great for a walk in the woods. Shown in the Attic Light colorway, I’d be tempted to knit it in Fern. To achieve this textured fabric, you use 3 different ways to twist a stitch.
This open-lace of the Dragon Lady shawl (below) almost looks like chains of delicate crochet, but it is knit for sure. The scalloped edges come to dragon-wing-like points. I would wear this as a mega scarf knit in Quarry. See it knit up in 3 different colorways.
Would you rather wear vertical stripes? This sweater is knit side-to-side. It comes in 6 sizes, up to 3X. To me it’s a unisex sweater and would look great in Fern. I’m adding it to my knit-it-for-myself-eventually list.
In the Stair-step Tunic, the horizontal bands of gradient color interplay with the multi-tiered columns of cables, creating a subtle woven effect. Its classic shawl-collar and V-neck opening offer a more traditional look.
I hope you’ve been inspired to knit one of these lovely pieces with Classic Shades Frenzy. If not, please come back tomorrow and Friday. I’m going to show you 2 other amazing ideas for knitting with this marled gradient singles yarn!
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: Don’t get unspun by single-ply yarns!
- Butterfly Baby Blanket knit in Super Saver Ombre - March 1, 2019
- Twisted stitches and lace knit in Super Saver Chunky - February 28, 2019
- Flared Diamonds knit in Super Saver Fair Isle - February 27, 2019
- Fleck stitch knitted in Super Saver Pooling - February 26, 2019
- Bi-directional herringbone stitch knitted in Dreamy Stripes - February 25, 2019
- Knitting a shrug-yoke top-down seamless tee shirt – part 2 - August 31, 2018
- Knitting a shrug-yoke top-down seamless tee shirt – part 1 - August 30, 2018
- Unimaginable drape and comfort in knit designs made with Unity yarn - August 29, 2018
- 36% wool, 28% cotton, 18% linen and 18% bamboo, what yarn is this? - August 28, 2018
- Unraveling Unity and Unity Beyond: what makes this yarn unique? - August 27, 2018