Yesterday we talked about knitting the Overcast Cap with Uptown Worsted Mist. It’s a lovely pattern that shows off the stitches while adding a touch of color to your hat pattern. Today, I’ll go over Uptown Worsted Mist’s new cousin, Uptown Worsted Tapestry.
The difference is in the colors. Where Mist is a single color and white, Tapestry is multiple colors. The variegation within the yarn makes it stripe a bit when you knit with it. I wasn’t expecting the colors to stripe, but to just be a variegation of color everywhere. There’s a definite pattern of striping happening within Uptown Worsted Tapestry.
Something else Uptown Worsted Mist and Tapestry share is a low price point. At $8 per ball it’s an extremely affordable yarn. If you’re looking for a yarn that would make a great afghan or throw, Uptown Worsted Tapestry is an excellent candidate.
The color within the yarn will make for engaging knitting. That’s always my issue with knitting something as large as a blanket. I lose interest and don’t have the heart to keep going. If you combine a simple stitch with this yarn it will keep you engaged without making it a ‘hard to memorize’ pattern.
I believe either Uptown Worsted Mist or Tapestry would make an exemplary blanket. When I was knitting stockinette stitch, the fabric felt extremely soft AND plush. There’s a fullness to the yarn, as if it has already bloomed and doesn’t need to be blocked at all. Once you block it, the yarn relaxes and your stitches even out, but that fullness remains.
The Uptown Worsted family is a solid line of yarn and the Mist and Tapestry lines are a great addition to that strong heritage. Tomorrow I’ll go over a pattern knit with Uptown Worsted Tapestry, make sure to come back and see how it turns out.
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: Knitting a hat with cables without crossing cables, what?
Go to part 4: A soothing yarn makes a soothing shawl
- Knitting on the edge, the lace edge - November 2, 2018
- A soothing yarn makes a soothing shawl - November 1, 2018
- New! Uptown Worsted Tapestry: plush and no pilling - October 31, 2018
- Knitting a hat with cables without crossing cables, what? - October 30, 2018
- Uptown Worsted Mist, an anti-pilling acrylic yarn - October 29, 2018
- Upgrade your seaming with Kitchener stitch - October 12, 2018
- Fair Isle, Flecks and Stripes yarns make the gift making season easy! - October 11, 2018
- How to do effortless Fair Isle knitting - October 10, 2018
- The one mitten pattern you’ll ever need - October 9, 2018
- Super Saver Chunky and Flecks! - October 8, 2018