I make no bones about using up all my scraps, and I love a challenge. If you check out the Spring, 2017 issue of A Needle Pulling Thread (when it comes out), you’ll get a better idea of which I speak.
Once I had my article written for that issue (and it practically wrote itself), I was issued another challenge: to take the left over Universal Yarn from 2016 blog posts and make stuff with them.
This is going to be fun, so follow me on this week-long journey to get ideas you can use to use up yarn scraps!
This is the contents of the package I received by mail:
Let’s determine what we have:
98.5g of the green/purple/blue sockweight, which is Naked Sock, which was reviewed by Charles Voth in December (link to Dec. 19 post) will go nicely with the
89.0g of variegated reds, which is Allegro, also reviewed by Charles that same week in December. Both these yarns work with size 2 [2.75mm] needles.
The light purple and variegated purple/ pink/ white look like a match, and I have
103g of the purple and
62.5g of the variegated.
There are a total of 252g of the Bamboo Bloom, rice colorway, size 9 [5.5mm] needles.
200g of the Classic Shades Metallic, in the Festivale colorway, size 8 [5mm] needles
100g of the Deluxe DK tweed Superwash. The color is Walnut, and the recommended needles are 6 [4mm].
100g of the Fibra Natura Java hemp in Purple Crush, with recommended 6 [4mm] needles — pretty sure I know what I’m going to make from this!
100g each of the Deluxe Chunky 100% wool, which is beautifully soft, and calls for size 9 [5.5mm] needles.
There are 35g of the blue Rozetti, for which I definitely have plans! There’s a scant 5g of the off-white and the black, but that’s enough to do something similar!
Now, we only have four days left in the week, but I’ve got enough scraps for eight projects. Whatever will I do?
This is part 1 of 5 in this series.
- Aunt Lydia’s Metallic 10 goes to a wedding - May 24, 2019
- Aunt Lydia’s lace knitting secret - May 23, 2019
- Knitting samples with Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10 crochet thread - May 22, 2019
- 3 differences between knitting yarn and crochet thread - May 21, 2019
- Knitting with DOA (dear old aunt) Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10 crochet thread - May 20, 2019
- Creating knitted accents with Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - May 3, 2019
- Knitting Rozetti Cotton Gold with another yarn - May 2, 2019
- Knit a benchmark sample using Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - May 1, 2019
- 4 steps to the art of swatching and sampling yarn - April 30, 2019
- Knitting with Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - April 29, 2019