I make no bones about using up all my scraps, and I love a challenge. If you check out the Spring, 2017 issue of A Needle Pulling Thread (when it comes out), you’ll get a better idea of which I speak.
Once I had my article written for that issue (and it practically wrote itself), I was issued another challenge: to take the left over Universal Yarn from 2016 blog posts and make stuff with them.
This is going to be fun, so follow me on this week-long journey to get ideas you can use to use up yarn scraps!
This is the contents of the package I received by mail:
Let’s determine what we have:
98.5g of the green/purple/blue sockweight, which is Naked Sock, which was reviewed by Charles Voth in December (link to Dec. 19 post) will go nicely with the
89.0g of variegated reds, which is Allegro, also reviewed by Charles that same week in December. Both these yarns work with size 2 [2.75mm] needles.
The light purple and variegated purple/ pink/ white look like a match, and I have
103g of the purple and
62.5g of the variegated.
There are a total of 252g of the Bamboo Bloom, rice colorway, size 9 [5.5mm] needles.
200g of the Classic Shades Metallic, in the Festivale colorway, size 8 [5mm] needles
100g of the Deluxe DK tweed Superwash. The color is Walnut, and the recommended needles are 6 [4mm].
100g of the Fibra Natura Java hemp in Purple Crush, with recommended 6 [4mm] needles — pretty sure I know what I’m going to make from this!
100g each of the Deluxe Chunky 100% wool, which is beautifully soft, and calls for size 9 [5.5mm] needles.
There are 35g of the blue Rozetti, for which I definitely have plans! There’s a scant 5g of the off-white and the black, but that’s enough to do something similar!
Now, we only have four days left in the week, but I’ve got enough scraps for eight projects. Whatever will I do?
This is part 1 of 5 in this series.
- Pomp-a-Doodle and Loop-it – together – make the best bathmat! - January 18, 2019
- Pomp-a-Doodle – yarn without pomp and circumstance - January 17, 2019
- Giggle knitting with Loop-it leads to an adorable baby blanket - January 16, 2019
- Introducing knitting needles to Loop-it yarn - January 15, 2019
- Learn to knit with Loop-it - January 14, 2019
- Mittens and fingerless mitts from Finn - November 23, 2018
- Fair Isle gloves made of Finn yarn - November 22, 2018
- Swatching for Fair Isle gloves with Finn - November 21, 2018
- Finn and tension and negative ease - November 20, 2018
- Knitting with Finn – affordable luxury - November 19, 2018