This week I’m looking at Bella Chenille yarn and what it’s like to knit with it. Yesterday I showed you some standard knitting stitch patterns and how they look worked up in this soft, plushy yarn. Today, let’s look at some free patterns that you can knit in a few days as baby gifts, or for your own baby, if you’re in the nesting stage!
In the above photo, you can see a beautiful pairing of a red solid and a multi with pinks and reds that are knit with a zigzag ripple stitch. Here’s the free pattern for this colorful baby blanket called Lil’ Lightening Blanket.
It’s also possible to knit lace motifs with Bella Chenille, and it looks best in solids so that the speckles don’t deter from the visual effects of the lace. The aqua one draped over this basket is ready to receive the little one home from the delivery room. This to is a free pattern called Soft Vines Blankie.
Using moss stitch is a great way to evenly distribute bars and strands of Bella Chenille Multi so that the fabric has a denser squish factor. This baby beanie and pullover with raglan sleeves, and a raglan sleeve tab opening is a great free pattern to try as your first garment with chenille yarn. This one is called Snowbaby Set.
I love how stockinette stitch on this onesie gives vertical stripes to a knit fabric that’s covered in dots without any tricky textured stitches. This pattern comes in four sizes from 6 months to 4 years and called It’s a Party! Onesie.
The free pattern, Doodle Bug Hoodie, features easy to make drop-sleeve armholes, and a cute no-shaping neckline. The Bella Chenille Multi will really be suitable to give the little wearer a modern twist!
I hope you try out some of these free knitting patterns for Bella Chenille. Tomorrow I’ll share my pattern for a mitered square bobbled blanket and Friday, I’ll share my top-down child’s sweater pattern.
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: How Bella Chenille enhances basic knit stitches differently than most yarns
Go to part 4: Backwards purling to knit bobbles without all the bother
- Top-down baby sweater in Bella Chenille Multi and Solids - August 3, 2018
- Backwards purling to knit bobbles without all the bother - August 2, 2018
- 5 baby gifts to knit up in a few days with chunky Bella Chenille yarn - August 1, 2018
- How Bella Chenille enhances basic knit stitches differently than most yarns - July 31, 2018
- Bella Chenille, a soft and versatile polyester yarn - July 30, 2018
- Brioche stitches and bamboo yarn, a mutually beneficial blend! - June 29, 2018
- Knitting a modern baby blanket with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 28, 2018
- Using speckled yarn for accents and for larger knits - June 27, 2018
- Sleuthing for knitting patterns you can make with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 26, 2018
- Bamboo Pop Dots, the benefits of rayon in summer yarns - June 25, 2018