I’ve had the joy of engaging in several needle arts hobbies for decades, like cross stitch, rug hooking, knitting, quilting and sewing. They have all fed a part of my soul that required a daily dose of creativity, mostly the kind of creativity that was also practical. “I’ll make something I need, but I’ll make it beautiful!”
Knitting and sewing garments, are the two crafts which allow a lot of freedom to alter the pattern to best suit the wearer in terms of fitting and decorative elements. Who can ask for more? Choose the yarn, the color, and decorative details, and you’ve got your favorite wearable ever!
You’ll love Cindy O’Malley‘s posts next week, starting June 24. While highlighting Fibra Natura Lina yarn, she’s chosen 3 knitted patterns to alter to her liking. Important tips abound and she explains how and why she altered the 3 garments. See the 3 patterns below.
- The FREEDOM to make alterations to knitted patterns - June 21, 2019
- Fibra Natura Flax Lace is synonymous with summer! - May 24, 2019
- The beauty of knitting with Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread - May 17, 2019
- The Knitting Pilgrim arrives at the Aga Khan Museum - May 7, 2019
- Knitted projects that make you go, WOW! - April 18, 2019
- From Chic Sheep to An Italian Story - March 17, 2019
- FREE! KNITmuch Magazine Issue 7 Now Available! - October 1, 2018
- FREE! KNITmuch Magazine Issue 6 Now Available! - August 2, 2018
- FREE! KNITmuch Magazine Issue 5 Now Available! - December 6, 2017
- 3 knitwear patterns to make using Red Heart Boutique Irresistible yarn - August 18, 2017