In our last chapter of our work with Universal Yarn Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn, we’re looking at using it as a complement to another yarn. Knitters who like to work with fine yarns are going to want to keep reading.
Today we continue to branch out with our “yarn doodling”. For this sample, I chose a soft, medium gray ball of laceweight yarn to complement the soft, light gray of the Cotton Gold.
As I knitted yesterday’s sample, I thought that a touch of Cotton Gold would look great near the face and it would also look nice with a fine knit fabric, so I picked up my size US 4 [3.5mm] needles, and started knitting a fine, stockinette stitch fabric. Once I had a few inches, I added the Cotton Gold to make a v-neck insert. Didn’t even pull a stitch dictionary for this one; I just went “organic” with a diamond pattern that would naturally fill the “V”.
Analysis: If working this into a sweater or shell, I think I would choose a slightly paler shade of gray for the main yarn. Apart from that, there are SO many possibilities for this concept.
The “V” insert here could be done in a boatneck style, as shown, or a second “V” could be made in the Cotton Gold, to make a “v within a v” neck. The diamond could be made wider, with wide shoulders that would be draped in at the front to create a cowl front (or back!)
Speaking of the back, this concept could be applied to form a large diamond to make a dramatic fashion statement. On a smaller scale, this could be done on one (or both) sleeves, or even to make a gusset on a skirt for evening.
Now, I’m off to find a pattern for an asymmetrical triangle shawl to make with this yarn!
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Knitting Rozetti Cotton Gold with another yarn
- Aunt Lydia’s Metallic 10 goes to a wedding - May 24, 2019
- Aunt Lydia’s lace knitting secret - May 23, 2019
- Knitting samples with Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10 crochet thread - May 22, 2019
- 3 differences between knitting yarn and crochet thread - May 21, 2019
- Knitting with DOA (dear old aunt) Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10 crochet thread - May 20, 2019
- Creating knitted accents with Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - May 3, 2019
- Knitting Rozetti Cotton Gold with another yarn - May 2, 2019
- Knit a benchmark sample using Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - May 1, 2019
- 4 steps to the art of swatching and sampling yarn - April 30, 2019
- Knitting with Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - April 29, 2019