Now that I’ve described the anatomy of Uptown DK Magix and looked at its resilience in the laundry, and studied its colors, I’m sure you’d like to see what you could knit with this yarn.
One good way to use Uptown DK Magix is to pair it with a solid-colored yarn from the Uptown DK line. In this sweater called ‘Hey Baby‘ we can see the colorway Yellow Slumber knit together with a complimentary granite gray. The solid-colored ribbing and pompom in the contrasting color makes the subtle colors of Yellow Slumber really pop.
Uptown DK and Magix yarns don’t have to be used for kids’ knits only. Here’s a seamless cowl with a unique texture stitch pattern knit with the Purple Party colorway of Magix and combined with the solid color, silver. This warm cowl can be worn right next to the neck with no fear of prickliness.
The designer who came up with the next free pattern combines squares knitted in the Roman Stripe quilting design connected with solids that complement Uptown DK Magix. Some of them are paired with several Magix colorways in this blanket pattern.
Tomorrow, I’ll show you a fun pattern to make. Did you happen to notice the shape the swatches from yesterday? Well, I’ll show you what they became and give you a recipe instead of a pattern to make your own version of this project with Uptown DK Magix.
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: This antipilling acrylic yarn gets an ‘A’
- Brioche stitches and bamboo yarn, a mutually beneficial blend! - June 29, 2018
- Knitting a modern baby blanket with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 28, 2018
- Using speckled yarn for accents and for larger knits - June 27, 2018
- Sleuthing for knitting patterns you can make with Bamboo Pop Dots - June 26, 2018
- Bamboo Pop Dots, the benefits of rayon in summer yarns - June 25, 2018
- Bunny Ear decreases make this stitch pattern best for knitted baby blankie - April 27, 2018
- The anatomy of a knitted beret for baby - April 26, 2018
- Easy patterns to knit with Uptown DK Magix - April 25, 2018
- This antipilling acrylic yarn gets an ‘A’ - April 24, 2018
- Knitting with Uptown DK Magix yarn - April 23, 2018