Now that I’ve described the anatomy of Uptown DK Magix and looked at its resilience in the laundry, and studied its colors, I’m sure you’d like to see what you could knit with this yarn.
One good way to use Uptown DK Magix is to pair it with a solid-colored yarn from the Uptown DK line. In this sweater called ‘Hey Baby‘ we can see the colorway Yellow Slumber knit together with a complimentary granite gray. The solid-colored ribbing and pompom in the contrasting color makes the subtle colors of Yellow Slumber really pop.
Uptown DK and Magix yarns don’t have to be used for kids’ knits only. Here’s a seamless cowl with a unique texture stitch pattern knit with the Purple Party colorway of Magix and combined with the solid color, silver. This warm cowl can be worn right next to the neck with no fear of prickliness.
The designer who came up with the next free pattern combines squares knitted in the Roman Stripe quilting design connected with solids that complement Uptown DK Magix. Some of them are paired with several Magix colorways in this blanket pattern.
Tomorrow, I’ll show you a fun pattern to make. Did you happen to notice the shape the swatches from yesterday? Well, I’ll show you what they became and give you a recipe instead of a pattern to make your own version of this project with Uptown DK Magix.
This is part 3 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 2: This antipilling acrylic yarn gets an ‘A’
- Knitting lace with traveling repeats - May 17, 2019
- DIY knitted lace stitch patterns - May 15, 2019
- Making multiple increases in knitted lace - May 15, 2019
- 3 ways to knitting decreases - May 14, 2019
- Painless knitting with the very soft Cotton True Sport yarn - May 13, 2019
- Butterfly Baby Blanket knit in Super Saver Ombre - March 1, 2019
- Twisted stitches and lace knit in Super Saver Chunky - February 28, 2019
- Flared Diamonds knit in Super Saver Fair Isle - February 27, 2019
- Fleck stitch knitted in Super Saver Pooling - February 26, 2019
- Bi-directional herringbone stitch knitted in Dreamy Stripes - February 25, 2019