Pomp and Circumstance is the march heard around the world at graduation, commencement, and convocation ceremonies. It’s a stuffy old, traditional tune.
Pomp-a-Doodle, on the other hand, is fluffy, new and fun! This novelty yarn by Red Heart comes in 22 colors and colorways, with 21 patterns/ instructions for knitting and craft projects.
One of my favorite ideas for this yarn are the wreath patterns. The Christmas colorway was made for this! Even though none of the wreaths are knitted (they’re all attached with pins to a styrofoam wreath form), I would knit a strip from Pomp-a-Doodle and do my own thing.
The pattern included on the ball band is a knitted bath mat that takes 4 balls of yarn and is a modest 18″ x 22″ [45 x 56cm]. If you’ve priced a bath mat recently, you’ll know that, cost-wise, Pomp-a-Doodle stacks up quite well for a mat of this size.
I chose the Pink Sand colorway and the Ice Cream colorway of Loop-it, because I wanted to see what would happen when I combined these two yarns to create a bath mat for my bathroom.
My experiment was a success – the thickness of Loop-it and the spaces between the pompoms of Pomp-a-Doodle go together nicely, as this swatch attests.
Check out my next post for the pattern for this bath mat, and a neat idea for a little girl’s bedroom.
This is part 4 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 3: Giggle knitting with Loop-it leads to an adorable baby blanket
- Aunt Lydia’s Metallic 10 goes to a wedding - May 24, 2019
- Aunt Lydia’s lace knitting secret - May 23, 2019
- Knitting samples with Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10 crochet thread - May 22, 2019
- 3 differences between knitting yarn and crochet thread - May 21, 2019
- Knitting with DOA (dear old aunt) Aunt Lydia’s Classic 10 crochet thread - May 20, 2019
- Creating knitted accents with Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - May 3, 2019
- Knitting Rozetti Cotton Gold with another yarn - May 2, 2019
- Knit a benchmark sample using Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - May 1, 2019
- 4 steps to the art of swatching and sampling yarn - April 30, 2019
- Knitting with Rozetti Cotton Gold yarn - April 29, 2019