Pomp and Circumstance is the march heard around the world at graduation, commencement, and convocation ceremonies. It’s a stuffy old, traditional tune.
Pomp-a-Doodle, on the other hand, is fluffy, new and fun! This novelty yarn by Red Heart comes in 22 colors and colorways, with 21 patterns/ instructions for knitting and craft projects.
One of my favorite ideas for this yarn are the wreath patterns. The Christmas colorway was made for this! Even though none of the wreaths are knitted (they’re all attached with pins to a styrofoam wreath form), I would knit a strip from Pomp-a-Doodle and do my own thing.
The pattern included on the ball band is a knitted bath mat that takes 4 balls of yarn and is a modest 18″ x 22″ [45 x 56cm]. If you’ve priced a bath mat recently, you’ll know that, cost-wise, Pomp-a-Doodle stacks up quite well for a mat of this size.
I chose the Pink Sand colorway and the Ice Cream colorway of Loop-it, because I wanted to see what would happen when I combined these two yarns to create a bath mat for my bathroom.
My experiment was a success – the thickness of Loop-it and the spaces between the pompoms of Pomp-a-Doodle go together nicely, as this swatch attests.
Check out my next post for the pattern for this bath mat, and a neat idea for a little girl’s bedroom.
This is part 4 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 3: Giggle knitting with Loop-it leads to an adorable baby blanket
- Vera yarn – a happy ending to An Italian Story - March 22, 2019
- The River Rib Toque in Ombra yarn - March 21, 2019
- Luce yarn from Red Heart – An Italian Story continues - March 20, 2019
- Ora – An Italian Story in a bulky knit - March 19, 2019
- Colorful Chic Sheep – pure wool, pure knitting fun - March 18, 2019
- Pomp-a-Doodle and Loop-it – together – make the best bathmat! - January 18, 2019
- Pomp-a-Doodle – yarn without pomp and circumstance - January 17, 2019
- Giggle knitting with Loop-it leads to an adorable baby blanket - January 16, 2019
- Introducing knitting needles to Loop-it yarn - January 15, 2019
- Learn to knit with Loop-it - January 14, 2019