Welcome to a week spent in the company of Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Cotton Thread 10!
I know what you’re thinking, the thought of knitting with crochet thread might seem daunting and down right scary, but here’s long-time knitter, excellent knitting educator, Cynthia MacDougall, to dispel all fears, questions, and doubts about knitting with crochet thread.
She will talk about knitting with this cotton crochet thread, its qualities, the three key differences between knitting yarn and crochet thread. The third one surprised me, but you can probably guess thee first two!
It’s interesting to know, the key differences, as it does affect your knitting.
Cynthia will also show a few examples on what to knit using Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread. As a sneak peek, here’s one stunning example knit in linen yarn. It will look equally as stunning in crochet thread.
What knitting blog post would be complete without divulging secrets? Secrets on blocking lacework using crochet cotton thread. Cynthia will give you all the details for this! Don’t miss it further along the week.
You also won’t want to miss the pattern on which Cynthia has been working on for a couple of months! Inspired by the Double Horseshoe Wedding Shawl above, she’s taken the concept to make a bolero – also adaptable for a wedding! Let it not stop you from wearing it at other occasions, or in the summertime breeze! Get the free pattern for it in Friday post.
By the end of the week, you’ll feel more knowledgeable about knitting with Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread, and therefore more confident in giving it a try. Summer is very close, it’s a good time to start making one of Cynthia’s suggestion now!
- FREE! KNITmuch Magazine Issue 8 Now Available! - July 27, 2019
- KNITmuch Giveaway 218: #BornToDye KIT! - July 17, 2019
- The FREEDOM to make alterations to knitted patterns - June 21, 2019
- Fibra Natura Flax Lace is synonymous with summer! - May 24, 2019
- The beauty of knitting with Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread - May 17, 2019
- The Knitting Pilgrim arrives at the Aga Khan Museum - May 7, 2019
- Knitted projects that make you go, WOW! - April 18, 2019
- From Chic Sheep to An Italian Story - March 17, 2019
- FREE! KNITmuch Magazine Issue 7 Now Available! - October 1, 2018
- FREE! KNITmuch Magazine Issue 6 Now Available! - August 2, 2018