With our efforts to make our earth ‘greener’ and use items that are earth friendly, knitting is becoming a skill we could all use. Bringing this together with Red Heart’s Scrubby makes for an extremely green initiative. I’m going to review the free pattern for a Simple Knit Dishcloth and put a new spin on it.
From the title you’ve probably guessed that we’re talking about making a scrubby for your face. I’m actually looking to replace the small round pads we use for taking off makeup. The Simple Knit Dishcloth pattern is a perfect place to start for these. You’re going to want to mix a strand of cotton yarn and a strand of scrubby together so it’s not too harsh on your face.
Depending on your preference, I would decrease the amount of stitches you’re casting on as well. I would say to cast on 8-10 in order to get the small size of the makeup pads. I know the makeup pads are round and this pattern is square, but let’s be honest, we all fold them in half to get a corner. Now there are four corners with no folding required.
I would use the same needle size in order to get a thicker pad, a thinner one would be a little bit more difficult to control. Mind you, a thick or thin scrubby would be a perfect exfoliating cloth to use just before you put on your nighttime moisturizer.
You could also use the pattern Clean in Stripes Dishcloth, instead of different colors of yarn, you could just alternate cotton and Scrubby or Scrubby Sparkle. It’s another fabulous pattern ready to be adapted to any situation including gift giving. These small scrubbies are an excellent add-on to a gift or gift card. It’s always nice to include a tangible object especially when you’re giving a gift card for makeup.
This is part 4 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 3: 3 tips for mixing Scrubby Yarn with other yarns
Go to part 5: Clean Corner to Corner with Red Heart’s Scrubby yarns
- Knitting on the edge, the lace edge - November 2, 2018
- A soothing yarn makes a soothing shawl - November 1, 2018
- New! Uptown Worsted Tapestry: plush and no pilling - October 31, 2018
- Knitting a hat with cables without crossing cables, what? - October 30, 2018
- Uptown Worsted Mist, an anti-pilling acrylic yarn - October 29, 2018
- Upgrade your seaming with Kitchener stitch - October 12, 2018
- Fair Isle, Flecks and Stripes yarns make the gift making season easy! - October 11, 2018
- How to do effortless Fair Isle knitting - October 10, 2018
- The one mitten pattern you’ll ever need - October 9, 2018
- Super Saver Chunky and Flecks! - October 8, 2018