Another free pattern Red Heart has up on their website is the Corner-to-Corner Scrubby. This is one of the Scrubby patterns that has a loop on the end of the dishcloth for easy hanging and drying ability. It’s the first pattern I’ve seen with the scrubby variegated colors, which are new.
This is the perfect beginners pattern. Anyone I teach to knit, I usually start them on a dishcloth. It’s a small square that won’t take too long and will actually be useful on a daily basis. A dishcloth is also something that most people are looking to make. The story that comes up most often is a family member or friend knit some dishcloths and they were the best dishcloths this person had ever used.
I really like this pattern because it isn’t your regular cast on X amount of stitches knit for X amount of inches and bind off. You start on the corner and increase, when you get to the middle, you start decreasing. It’s knit as a diamond rather than a square and the hanger is fastened on at the end. Since the construction is a little unusual, I would make it a second project rather than a first.
I like the idea of knitting this scrubby in a solid color and finding the same color in cotton and pairing it with the Scrubby Sparkle. The cotton and Scrubby Sparkle, I would make longer so it was more of a dish towel than a dishcloth. I have one of these hanging from my stove right now and it’s the most used towel in the kitchen. It’s so convenient to be right on the oven handle at hip height. I always walk by and rub my fingers on this particular towel.
If you were to get Scrubby, Scrubby Sparkle and a cotton yarn all in the same color, there’s no telling where the accessories would end! I’m a great fan of matching so I feel confident that should I ever find a cotton in the right color of orange, these dish cloths will dominate my kitchen. It’s been fun to review the many possibilities of play using Red Heart’s Scrubby and Scrubby Sparkle.
This is part 5 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 4: Red Heart’s Scrubby yarn perfect for knitting facial scrubbies
- Knitting on the edge, the lace edge - November 2, 2018
- A soothing yarn makes a soothing shawl - November 1, 2018
- New! Uptown Worsted Tapestry: plush and no pilling - October 31, 2018
- Knitting a hat with cables without crossing cables, what? - October 30, 2018
- Uptown Worsted Mist, an anti-pilling acrylic yarn - October 29, 2018
- Upgrade your seaming with Kitchener stitch - October 12, 2018
- Fair Isle, Flecks and Stripes yarns make the gift making season easy! - October 11, 2018
- How to do effortless Fair Isle knitting - October 10, 2018
- The one mitten pattern you’ll ever need - October 9, 2018
- Super Saver Chunky and Flecks! - October 8, 2018