From Crochet to Knitting
I was looking at the pattern of a crocheted cowl from the label of Red Heart’s yarn Strata and I wanted to turn it into a knitted cowl. Here’s my rendition of it, I’ve kept it ‘airy’ so it can be worn during the warmer months of the year mostly in the office or on a date in the evening. Strata yarn is super soft, like jersey fabric.
1 ball of Strata in the color Aran
1 set of US 15 [10mm] knitting needles
Cast on 27 stitches. Always slip the first stitch in the row as though to purl, purl the first row, knit the second row, then purl the third row. Now you are ready to begin your repeat.
Row 1: (RS) K2, p3 *Repeat to end and add additional k2 for border.
Row 2: (WS) P2, yo, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1 *Repeat to the end with additional p2 for the border.
Row 3: (RS) K all stitches, drop the yos.
Row 4: (WS) P all stitches.
Dropping the yos will feel funny, but I promise it’ll work. The large size of the needles ensures that you’re going to get a very airy cowl.
This jersey yarn is really lovely on your skin and would be a delight when you knit anything that would be worn close to the skin. Cowls or even a shell for the cooler evenings.
This is part 4 of 5 in this series.
Go back to part 3: Cordial yarn is ideal for a knitted market backpack
Go to part 5: Alter the knitted Any Day Beret for summer wear
- How does a scalene triangle relate to knitting - March 23, 2018
- Knitting a lace shawl using a brushed acrylic yarn makes it Dreamy - March 22, 2018
- How Dreamy yarn is perfect for knitting throws - March 21, 2018
- Dreamy Relaxation Socks - March 20, 2018
- Red Heart Dreamy yarn - March 19, 2018
- Cherishing your favorite leftover yarn in a keepsake ornament - January 26, 2018
- Commemorating your knitting status with the Knit Basket of Yarn Ornament - January 25, 2018
- Using your leftover yarn to make easy wrap holiday ornaments - January 24, 2018
- The easiest knitted mitten pattern you’ll ever encounter - January 23, 2018
- Using leftover yarn for crafting and decorating ideas - January 22, 2018