Last month we talked about Red Heart’s With Love, in stripes. Red Heart hasn’t stopped striping it up there — Super Saver yarn also comes in stripes! We’re not talking about variegated yarn, Super Saver comes in 140 solid and variegated colors. These stripes are very similar to the ones from With Love.
These are the long color repeats we talked about in my With Love posts in May. Super Saver Stripes is perfect for making afghans, shawls, and all manner of scarves. There are a lot of different places you can take this yarn, in a pattern manner of speaking. You must be sure you’re pairing the right pattern with the right yarn. We talked about knitting with this kind of stripey yarn last month. If you missed it, go back for a quick review.
One of the clever things Red Heart does on their website is show small swatches of what their stripe yarn will look like when it is knit up. When you’re looking at the ball, there are a lot of colors, but they aren’t really an indication of what a finished product will look like. In the color section, there are multiple swatches showing the color repeats. You’ll be able to see what order the colors come in and how they progress from color to color. All of the Red Heart Stripes are an abrupt color change — they stripe in blocks. There are some yarns that gradate from one color to the next. Knowing these key design features could affect the pattern you’re thinking about doing. I know some people have strong preferences towards color blocks to a gradual color change. If you’re one of those people, check out the website and choose your yarn accordingly.
There are so many amazing colors of Super Saver yarn, you’ll have no shortage of colors to pair with your Stripes yarn. You’re going to be able to mix and match these colors and make some truly awe-inspiring garments. With these factors in mind, I suggest you check out Red Heart’s free pattern database to start picking out projects.
This is part 1 of 5 in this series.
- What cotton yarn knits are perfect for air conditioned places - July 21, 2017
- The Bamboo Stitch adds insulation to cotton yarn knits - July 20, 2017
- Why Creme de la Creme yarn is a good substitute for the Laid Back Shawl - July 19, 2017
- Knitting a layered lace dress that also doubles as a bathing suit cover up - July 18, 2017
- 4 reasons to wear knits made with Creme de la Creme yarn - July 17, 2017
- Self-striping yarn makes swirls and stripes color work easy and stunning - June 23, 2017
- How self-striping yarn adds pizzazz to a simple lace patterned scarf - June 22, 2017
- 11 essential tips to lace knitting - June 21, 2017
- How to effectively work lace stitches using the Super Saver Stripes yarn - June 20, 2017
- Introducing the NEW Super Saver Stripes yarn! - June 19, 2017