After listing the benefits of exfoliation in yesterday’s post, I thought it would be a good idea to teach you how to make your own soap pouch! Knitting an exfoliating soap pouch with Scrubby Yarn is just the thing! This little item is a small pocket that you can tuck a bar of soap into and lather from the outside. The perfect way to turn your favorite soap into a spa treatment.
1 Ball of Red Heart Scrubby in Ocean
US 8 (5mm) needles
1 Tapestry Needle
This soap pouch is knit very simply in a long strip that is doubled back on itself and seamed along the sides. To start, cast on 15 stitches and knit along in garter stitch until you have a rectangular piece of fabric 10″ long.
Fold over 3″ and sew a running stitch or whip stitch along the edge to form the pocket. You’re going to have a bit of a flap left over, but this is to tuck around the soap and keep it in the pouch. Even though there’s no closure the yarn has enough texture to keep the flap closed and the soap from sliding out.
This pattern is designed for a regular commercial size bar of soap, if you’re looking to accommodate an unusually large one, simply add a couple stitches when casting on. The fabric is very flexible and will stretch quite a bit in order to cover different shapes and sizes.
Now your exfoliating soap pouch is ready for the shower! Exfoliating power and being able to get a better grip on your bar of soap all in one. Just slip the bar in, lather and scrub.
Knitting an exfoliating soap pouch with scrubby yarn is fast, easy and fun!
- Effortless Fern Grotto lace swatch knitted in Bamboo Pop - December 14, 2018
- Knitting with Bamboo Pop yarn for a friend - December 13, 2018
- Bamboo Pop is like finding the perfect frame for a piece of knitted art - December 12, 2018
- The Waffle Stitch using Bamboo Pop yarn - December 11, 2018
- Bamboo Pop makes twisting eyelets lace pattern shine - December 10, 2018
- Knitting on the edge, the lace edge - November 2, 2018
- A soothing yarn makes a soothing shawl - November 1, 2018
- New! Uptown Worsted Tapestry: plush and no pilling - October 31, 2018
- Knitting a hat with cables without crossing cables, what? - October 30, 2018
- Uptown Worsted Mist, an anti-pilling acrylic yarn - October 29, 2018