Through May, Red Heart has been hosting a Snap & Win contest! You can enter to win a $100 yarn prize package by sharing photos of your baby knits. I know this is the end of May and you’re looking at the calendar with a slight panic, but there’s still time left. This contest doesn’t wrap up until May 31st.
Let’s go over the requirements for submission to Snap & Win. I know this is always the most confusing part for me. The photos don’t have to actually have a baby in them, have no fear about getting permission from parents and scheduling time with a baby for a photoshoot. Your photos only need to have something knitted (or crocheted) for a baby, made with Red Heart’s yarn.
If you’re having trouble placing your garments in a favorable position without a model, and you have no cooperative baby handy, I suggest substituting fur babies. It will add a bit of interest to your photos. On more than one occasion I have shamelessly used my cats to model kitted things. I did have to bribe them with treats, pets, and no small amount of grovelling, but they didn’t seem to mind too much.
Aside from the ah-mazing Snap & Win prize, your photo could be featured on Red Heart’s website. Try to get the best possible photo you can. A tip for photographing your garments; make sure you have excellent lighting. Natural lighting is best, colors are more true-to-reality and if you’ve done any fancy stitch work it will look great! While natural light is best, direct, glaring light is not. My favorite thing for diffusing natural light is sheer curtains. It softens the light very well, and they’re a neutral color, so it doesn’t give an unsightly hue to my knitting.
For your actual submission, I have peppered the entry link throughout this article, you can also click here. There’s an enter contest button, which opens the submission form. You’ll be required to enter your name, email address, upload your photo, caption your photo, your birth date, skill level, and if your interest is knitting, crochet, or both. Then click the very large ‘Enter’ button beneath that! Officially entered!
Two winners will be randomly chosen and announced on June 8th, 2017. The Snap & Win contest will close May 31 at 3:01pm EST. I know we have many talented knitters out there; this is your time to shine! May your photos be adorable and good luck to all of you!
- Knitting the Mobius Cowl with jumbo yarn and sewing the ends - November 5, 2017
- Knitting the Basketweave Pillow pattern and joining jumbo yarn - November 4, 2017
- The jumbo yarn swatch that got away from me - November 3, 2017
- 6 tips for knitting easily with jumbo yarn and large needles - November 2, 2017
- The properties and benefits of Couture Jazz yarn - November 1, 2017
- The hazards of following a complex knitting pattern from your phone - October 21, 2017
- Making the Fall Berries Shawl using the multi-colored Hopscotch yarn - October 20, 2017
- Multi-colored Hopscotch yarn makes it hard to skip the craft aisle - October 19, 2017
- Knitting the Two-Point Hat pattern with Soft yarn - September 20, 2017
- The qualities and benefits of knitting with Red Heart Soft yarn - September 19, 2017