On a hot day, no one wants anything more than a cold drink, so keep it cold with a hand knit drink cozy. Red Heart’s With Love yarn comes in all sorts of fun summery colors to complement any deck set.
1 Ball of Red Heart With Love yarn
1 Set of 5mm (US 8) Double Pointed Needles
1 Tapestry Needle
Depending on the size of your bottle or cup, you may want to adjust the amount of stitches you cast on. It must be an even number for the ribbing to match up. Cast on 32 stitches over three needles, I suggest 8 on needle one, 8 on needle two and 16 on needle three.
Join into the round knitting a knit one purl one ribbing. Continue in this manner until the drink cozy is slightly bigger than your palm. You’re going to want the cozy to be large enough to grip and when you stretch it out to put it on a bottle the length will shorten slightly. Once you have reached this point, bind off with your favorite technique, weave in the ends and you’re done!
Put a drink in that cozy and let the summer celebrations begin. This is a quick project you can get on and off the needles in a really short period of time. Perfect for adding a hand made touch to a host gift or your own back yard barbeque.
- Knitting the Two-Point Hat pattern with Soft yarn - September 20, 2017
- The qualities and benefits of knitting with Red Heart Soft yarn - September 19, 2017
- What cotton yarn knits are perfect for air conditioned places - July 21, 2017
- The Bamboo Stitch adds insulation to cotton yarn knits - July 20, 2017
- Why Creme de la Creme yarn is a good substitute for the Laid Back Shawl - July 19, 2017
- Knitting a layered lace dress that also doubles as a bathing suit cover up - July 18, 2017
- 4 reasons to wear knits made with Creme de la Creme yarn - July 17, 2017
- Self-striping yarn makes swirls and stripes color work easy and stunning - June 23, 2017
- How self-striping yarn adds pizzazz to a simple lace patterned scarf - June 22, 2017
- 11 essential tips to lace knitting - June 21, 2017