On a hot day, no one wants anything more than a cold drink, so keep it cold with a hand knit drink cozy. Red Heart’s With Love yarn comes in all sorts of fun summery colors to complement any deck set.
1 Ball of Red Heart With Love yarn
1 Set of 5mm (US 8) Double Pointed Needles
1 Tapestry Needle
Depending on the size of your bottle or cup, you may want to adjust the amount of stitches you cast on. It must be an even number for the ribbing to match up. Cast on 32 stitches over three needles, I suggest 8 on needle one, 8 on needle two and 16 on needle three.
Join into the round knitting a knit one purl one ribbing. Continue in this manner until the drink cozy is slightly bigger than your palm. You’re going to want the cozy to be large enough to grip and when you stretch it out to put it on a bottle the length will shorten slightly. Once you have reached this point, bind off with your favorite technique, weave in the ends and you’re done!
Put a drink in that cozy and let the summer celebrations begin. This is a quick project you can get on and off the needles in a really short period of time. Perfect for adding a hand made touch to a host gift or your own back yard barbeque.
- Knitting the Mobius Cowl with jumbo yarn and sewing the ends - November 5, 2017
- Knitting the Basketweave Pillow pattern and joining jumbo yarn - November 4, 2017
- The jumbo yarn swatch that got away from me - November 3, 2017
- 6 tips for knitting easily with jumbo yarn and large needles - November 2, 2017
- The properties and benefits of Couture Jazz yarn - November 1, 2017
- The hazards of following a complex knitting pattern from your phone - October 21, 2017
- Making the Fall Berries Shawl using the multi-colored Hopscotch yarn - October 20, 2017
- Multi-colored Hopscotch yarn makes it hard to skip the craft aisle - October 19, 2017
- Knitting the Two-Point Hat pattern with Soft yarn - September 20, 2017
- The qualities and benefits of knitting with Red Heart Soft yarn - September 19, 2017