On a hot day, no one wants anything more than a cold drink, so keep it cold with a hand knit drink cozy. Red Heart’s With Love yarn comes in all sorts of fun summery colors to complement any deck set.
1 Ball of Red Heart With Love yarn
1 Set of 5mm (US 8) Double Pointed Needles
1 Tapestry Needle
Depending on the size of your bottle or cup, you may want to adjust the amount of stitches you cast on. It must be an even number for the ribbing to match up. Cast on 32 stitches over three needles, I suggest 8 on needle one, 8 on needle two and 16 on needle three.
Join into the round knitting a knit one purl one ribbing. Continue in this manner until the drink cozy is slightly bigger than your palm. You’re going to want the cozy to be large enough to grip and when you stretch it out to put it on a bottle the length will shorten slightly. Once you have reached this point, bind off with your favorite technique, weave in the ends and you’re done!
Put a drink in that cozy and let the summer celebrations begin. This is a quick project you can get on and off the needles in a really short period of time. Perfect for adding a hand made touch to a host gift or your own back yard barbeque.
- How does a scalene triangle relate to knitting - March 23, 2018
- Knitting a lace shawl using a brushed acrylic yarn makes it Dreamy - March 22, 2018
- How Dreamy yarn is perfect for knitting throws - March 21, 2018
- Dreamy Relaxation Socks - March 20, 2018
- Red Heart Dreamy yarn - March 19, 2018
- Cherishing your favorite leftover yarn in a keepsake ornament - January 26, 2018
- Commemorating your knitting status with the Knit Basket of Yarn Ornament - January 25, 2018
- Using your leftover yarn to make easy wrap holiday ornaments - January 24, 2018
- The easiest knitted mitten pattern you’ll ever encounter - January 23, 2018
- Using leftover yarn for crafting and decorating ideas - January 22, 2018