On a hot day, no one wants anything more than a cold drink, so keep it cold with a hand knit drink cozy. Red Heart’s With Love yarn comes in all sorts of fun summery colors to complement any deck set.
1 Ball of Red Heart With Love yarn
1 Set of 5mm (US 8) Double Pointed Needles
1 Tapestry Needle
Depending on the size of your bottle or cup, you may want to adjust the amount of stitches you cast on. It must be an even number for the ribbing to match up. Cast on 32 stitches over three needles, I suggest 8 on needle one, 8 on needle two and 16 on needle three.
Join into the round knitting a knit one purl one ribbing. Continue in this manner until the drink cozy is slightly bigger than your palm. You’re going to want the cozy to be large enough to grip and when you stretch it out to put it on a bottle the length will shorten slightly. Once you have reached this point, bind off with your favorite technique, weave in the ends and you’re done!
Put a drink in that cozy and let the summer celebrations begin. This is a quick project you can get on and off the needles in a really short period of time. Perfect for adding a hand made touch to a host gift or your own back yard barbeque.
- How to knit a shawl starting tab - December 22, 2017
- Knitting the Flying V Shawl with Amphora yarn - December 21, 2017
- Taking colorwork design elements from a cowl as a detail for a hat - December 20, 2017
- Knit the Victory Hat pattern and modify it for a matching scarf - December 19, 2017
- The nature and benefits of Amphora yarn - December 18, 2017
- Why Collage and Grande yarns are a match made in knitting heaven - December 6, 2017
- Grande yarn: why it’s perfect for beginner and expert knitters alike - December 5, 2017
- 1 tip to add interest to a simple reversible knitted scarf - November 23, 2017
- Knitting Snowy Arm Warmers pattern using Red Heart Evermore yarn - November 22, 2017
- Evermore yarn: care instructions, tension, needles and loft - November 21, 2017