On a hot day, no one wants anything more than a cold drink, so keep it cold with a hand knit drink cozy. Red Heart’s With Love yarn comes in all sorts of fun summery colors to complement any deck set.
1 Ball of Red Heart With Love yarn
1 Set of 5mm (US 8) Double Pointed Needles
1 Tapestry Needle
Depending on the size of your bottle or cup, you may want to adjust the amount of stitches you cast on. It must be an even number for the ribbing to match up. Cast on 32 stitches over three needles, I suggest 8 on needle one, 8 on needle two and 16 on needle three.
Join into the round knitting a knit one purl one ribbing. Continue in this manner until the drink cozy is slightly bigger than your palm. You’re going to want the cozy to be large enough to grip and when you stretch it out to put it on a bottle the length will shorten slightly. Once you have reached this point, bind off with your favorite technique, weave in the ends and you’re done!
Put a drink in that cozy and let the summer celebrations begin. This is a quick project you can get on and off the needles in a really short period of time. Perfect for adding a hand made touch to a host gift or your own back yard barbeque.
- Upgrade your seaming with Kitchener stitch - October 12, 2018
- Fair Isle, Flecks and Stripes yarns make the gift making season easy! - October 11, 2018
- How to do effortless Fair Isle knitting - October 10, 2018
- The one mitten pattern you’ll ever need - October 9, 2018
- Super Saver Chunky and Flecks! - October 8, 2018
- It’s not a wrap until it’s been blocked - August 24, 2018
- It’s a Wrap yarn enhances simple knit and purl stitches pattern - August 23, 2018
- Knitting with lace, the easy way - August 22, 2018
- Why you should knit with lace weight yarn - August 21, 2018
- Yarn Review: It’s a Wrap by Red Heart - August 20, 2018