Twilight Should Sparkle
This is my absolute favorite Twilight knitted hat pattern; I’ll warn you that it’s plain, but that is the whole reason I invented it. When looking around for a really good hat pattern, they were all quite elaborate. There was always some kind of design function that wouldn’t lend itself well to bulky yarn; it was slouchy, or lacy, or it just had a complicated stitch pattern. I had been looking to knit a hat that had a tighter tension and was very functional.
Since this hat is so plain, I would suggest knitting it in one of the variegated colors of the Boutique Twilight yarn. It’s plain stockinette stitch with a hem of K1P1 ribbing. If you accidentally knit the hat too deep, the ribbing edge can be folded up because the ribbing is reversible.
1 ball Red Heart’s Boutique Twilight yarn in color Pixie
11 US [8mm] 16″ circular needle length
11 US [8mm] 1 set of dpns
1 tapestry needle
CO 44 stitches onto your circular needle; join into round, careful not to twist, place marker and knit in K1P1 ribbing for 2″. On the first round of stockinette stitch, decrease 4 stitches evenly over the first round, leaving you with 40 stitches. Knit in plain stockinette stitch until that hat measures 6.5″ from cast on edge. Begin your decreases as outlined below.
Row 1: *K4, K2TOG* Repeat
Row 2: Knit all stitches
Row 3: *K3, K2TOG* Repeat
Row 4: Knit all stitches
Row 5: *K2, K2TOG* Repeat
Row 6: Knit all stitches
Row 7: *K1, K2TOG* Repeat
Row 8: K2TOG
Row 9: K2TOG
Cut your yarn leaving a 10″ tail and use the tapestry needle to thread it through the remaining stitches. Pull it tight and weave in the end. If you choose to make a pompom and attach it to the top, you can use this tail to secure it into place.
This Twilight knitted hat may be just a plain and simple hat, but it’s one of the most versatile garments I have ever knit. The yarn colors can really set it apart, or you can tone it down for those more conservative with their outer wear. The best part, you can knit one in two hours; perfect for last minute gifts.
- What cotton yarn knits are perfect for air conditioned places - July 21, 2017
- The Bamboo Stitch adds insulation to cotton yarn knits - July 20, 2017
- Why Creme de la Creme yarn is a good substitute for the Laid Back Shawl - July 19, 2017
- Knitting a layered lace dress that also doubles as a bathing suit cover up - July 18, 2017
- 4 reasons to wear knits made with Creme de la Creme yarn - July 17, 2017
- Self-striping yarn makes swirls and stripes color work easy and stunning - June 23, 2017
- How self-striping yarn adds pizzazz to a simple lace patterned scarf - June 22, 2017
- 11 essential tips to lace knitting - June 21, 2017
- How to effectively work lace stitches using the Super Saver Stripes yarn - June 20, 2017
- Introducing the NEW Super Saver Stripes yarn! - June 19, 2017